Mother's Day @ The Bake Chop


Hello Friends,

As we come to the end of another month, I wanted to share one of the highlights from my month with you! A little over a week ago, it was one of my favorite holidays - Mother's Day.

Now, I'm not a mother...I mean I am a doggie mommy, but that's the extend of my motherhood experience haha! I enjoy Mother's Day, because it's a holiday where I get to devote a day to doing something fun with my mom and celebrating her being in my life as a parent, role model, and friend.

My Mom

Every year, I like to surprise my mom with taking her somewhere new to eat and/or explore. This year we took a mini-roadtrip to Deland, Florida (with my pup, Louie, in-tow). We ate at a lovely farm-to-table restaurant called, "The Bake Chop."

If you've never been to Deland, you're in for a real treat. It's an older town lined with brick banks, one-way streets, and family owned boutiques and restaurants. The drive to Deland was scenic with lined highways and then just when you felt like you were in the middle of absolute nowhere...a small town appears.

The whole day was quite the adventure! As soon as we found The Bake Chop and got our table outside, it started to rain...and no, I didn't have an umbrella. My mom, pup, and I found a tiny spot under an awning outside of the restaurant and were able to set up a small table underneath it. We were saved!

Mom Drinking Coffee
The Bake Chop Patio

To our surprise, we enjoyed sitting outside while it rained. It was peaceful listening to the rain fall around us. We had the outdoors all to ourselves :)

Bakechop Patio In Deland
Louie enjoying himself 🌞
The food at The Bake Chop was very tasty and the coffee was even better.
 I'm a sucker for trying coffee at unique cafes wherever I travel, so had not one...but two different flavored lattes - caramel and mocha. I preferred the caramel flavor to the mocha (the mix of cocoa and coffee made me a little jittery).

Caramel Latte
Caramel Latte

My mom ordered the, "Olive OYL," salad, which had baby organic spinach, mixed greens, apple fennel slaw, dried cranberries, toasted almonds, and a lemon vinaigrette. She also had a side of their fresh beet and goat cheese salad.

Olive OYL Salad
Olive OYL Salad

Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Beet & Goat Cheese Salad

I had, "The Other Side," sandwich, which included: grilled chicken breast, apple fennel red cabbage slaw, mixed greens, and a house aioli. I also opted for a side of sweet potato fries!

Chicken Sandwich
The Other Side

Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potato Fries

For an after dinner treat, we shared gluten-free chocolate dipped almond cookies, which I dipped in a piping hot mocha latte! Perfect for a raining afternoon. And just like their menu and website says, "Always save room for dessert. Made in house daily."

Mocha Latte and Gluten-Free Almond Cookie
Mocha Latte + Gluten-Free Almond Cookie
Sending inspiration your way :)





Comments