Weekend Getaway

Hello Loves,

It's hard to believe that the summer is almost over. I can smell Pumpkin Spice Lattes in the near future...sigh.

Last weekend, two of my best-friends (they were also bridesmaids in my wedding) and I decided to take a girls' road-trip to the beach...we had our minds set on soaking up what little bit of summer we have left on the beach and eating yummy food!

Destination = Sarasota

The trip started off with a bang, as we arrived at our hotel in Siesta Key at around 9:30pm in the rain, only to find out that they didn't have our reservation and they were over booked. Pretty ridiculous, right?!

So, we hit the road and started calling other hotels in the area. We decided to stay at the ALOFT Sarasota, which is located downtown and only 10 minutes or so from the beach and St. Armands Circle. It was perfect.

View from the rooftop pool.
A big plus was that the hotel was walking distance from some great coffee shops and a Whole Foods! And oh how I love Whole Foods :-)

Uber yummy lavender vanilla iced latte at Kahwa Coffee

The girls and I spent most of the weekend by the water at South Lido Beach and the evenings at St. Armands Circle exploring restaurants and shops. A must in Sarasota is stopping by the Daiquiri Deck for a drink...I had a Pina Colada and it was awesome! One cool feature is that the upstairs deck overlooks the shops and street in St. Armands Circle.

The older I get, I'm finding that it is important to make time to spend with your friends and to have little weekend getaways every once in awhile to change your scenery and explore new places! It's refreshing and gives you a new outlook on life.

I challenge you to explore new places and go with the flow. Even though my girls' weekend started off a little rocky, we were able to problem solve quickly and still keep the fun and excitement of our time together alive.

Here we are in Sarasota loving life and soaking up the sun.
Sending inspiration your way :)

Comments