A Place Where Dreams Are Born

Hello Loves,

Happy Weekend! As I sit in my slightly empty den, writing this post, I find myself thinking about where I am in my life. I tend to go through cycles of happiness/contentment/complacency and unfulfillment in my life.

Life tends to get so bogged down with responsibilities, chores, work, taking care of others, etc...and in the midst of all that, we little bits and pieces of ourselves. We lose sight of what used to be important to us...the things that we were passionate about and the things that got us excited for the day.

I'm learning that it's important to carve out some time (whether it's 15 minutes or an hour) each day to do something that makes me happy and also helps me de-stress. Practicing yoga, taking a walk outside during the work day, and a warm bath at night are some of my go-to's.

I encourage you to try taking a quick break during the work day to step outside and breathe deeply without the distractions of your computer and cell phone. Notice how you feel mentally and physically. Maybe you'll have renewed energy to pursue one of your dreams!

All of us have dreams. All of us have responsibilities. There's a balance between the two and I'm still trying to figure out what that looks like in my life. Through the journey, I rely on God to guide me and help me keep my dreams alive.


Photo Credit: Pinterest
Sending light and happiness your way :)

Comments