Life In The Fast Lane

Hello Loves,

Life seems to go by so fast, when you're busy taking care of responsibilities and having fun. I've been married for five months and it literally feels like five years! Now that may be a good thing or a bad thing...I'm not going to digress into that, but life has just been crazy.

First, I got married and moved into a house in the same month and only two weeks apart. I adjusted to living with someone and started a new job in November. Then the holidays were upon us and it was full steam ahead to make sure we got our Christmas shopping done and visit with family and friends.

It was all fine and dandy, until the New Year began. Woosh! Snap back to reality, right? I hung on to the last little bit of Christmas spirit and decorations until mid-January. Over Christmas break, my husband and I decided to apply to adopt a dog through an Australian Shepard pet rescue. Unfortunately, the rescue did not seem to want to help the process along as they continued to not communicate with us and would not get the dog vetted, so that he could be adopted. During that process, we decided to get a 10-month-old puppy who we thought would be a good pal for the aussie, (whenever we would actually be able to adopt him -- which the rescue never gave us a timetable) but in the end, they did not do well together.

It was a very sad situation and I struggled a lot making a decision on what to do. To this day, the poor aussie has still not been vetted and the rescue keeps postponing his vetting date.

Our 10-month-old puppy is doing very well. He's a handful, but he's learning everyday and gives us lots of love!

With this new responsibility comes added stress, but I'm learning to enjoy the little things in my day, like grabbing a hot cup of coffee at Starbucks during a break at work or having dinner with my husband while our puppy gnaws on a bone nearby.

 
Photo credit: Pinterest

I encourage you to notice the little things in your everyday routine. Soak up the sunshine outside, take a deep breath, and know that tomorrow is a new day :)

Sending you light and love!


Comments