Christmas In Blue Ridge, Georgia

Hello Loves,

I write to you from a log cabin in Blue Ridge, Georgia. This Christmas season, my family and I decided to spend Christmas away from home and up in the mountains of Georgia. Now, I have to admit that spending a whole week in a cabin...is a little out of my element.

The cabin I am staying in is very rustic and over looks a river. We have a fireplace, which we light every night and it still frightens me to go outside, when there are absolutely NO street lights. It's pitch dark when the sun goes down and so quiet. All you hear is the river running and the occasional car that drives by on the winding mountain road.

This morning, I woke up to the sounds of Heaven's Gates opening and pouring down buckets of rain. It rained so hard that the ceiling in the living room leaked!!

I am a bit of a clean freak when it comes to traveling. Yes, I have been known to have mental break downs at the sight of a hotel bed. With that said, I have cleaned the sofas, chairs, table, bathroom with Lysol wipes, because I can't stand the fact that someone else's germs may be on the seat I'm going to sit on. 

*Side note...I always travel with my own pillow and blankets.

**Personal note...I did have a breakdown in a hotel in Nebraska, when I was traveling with my mom to a speaking engagemet. The hotel looked like it was straight out of the 1960's. When I opening the hotel room, I went to the bathroom and cried. After I had my little breakdown, I took a deep breath and said, "Ok, I can do this." See, sometimes we all have our moments and that's ok.)

The cabin sometimes smells a little stale...as if it has been locked up for quiet some time, but with a few candles, we've got the place smelling like cinnamon and lavender.

http://www.pinterest.com/inspiredbybecca/places-spaces/

If you've never been to Blue Ridge,  I have to tell you that the historic downtown area is wonderful! It's like stepping into a Hallmark Christmas Movie! They have delicious restaurants, all of which are family owned and operated, great shopping (I have already bought a pair of boots, jewelry, and a woven headband), and much more.

The one thing I am enjoying on this trip away for home is spending time with my family and exploring new places.  Oh and getting to drink Gingerbread lattes!!!

Anyways, I hope you are all having a very merry holiday season! I will post more, as we get closer to Christmas Day!!

http://www.pinterest.com/inspiredbybecca/lovely-quotes/

Sending lots of love and inspiration your way :)

Comments