Fake It Till You Make It


Hello Loves,

Have you heard all the talk about the new CW hit show, The Carrie Diaries? The show is a prequel to the HBO show, Sex and The City. It focuses on Carrie Bradshaw (a much younger Carrie) and her journey to falling in love with Manhattan, becoming a successful writer, and growing into the person we all know and love: trend-setter, Manolo Blahnik shoe connoisseur, and famous tell-all writer. 

I was a little apprehensive at watching the premier episode of The Carrie Diaries, but much to my surprise, I loved it! I haven't watched a CW show since I was in high school (that was eight years ago), but I'm now hooked on The Carrie Diaries.

In the second episode that aired this week, Carrie underwent a testing period where she had to decided if she was going to let others walk all over her or if she was going to have confidence in herself and go after the things she wanted. 

One of the characters in the show that plays a fashion stylist for a popular magazine tells Carrie, "Listen, you've got to have confidence in yourself. Fake it until you make it and fake it until others believe you."

That one statement really stood out to me and I think we can all apply it to our daily lives. Once you start to have confidence in yourself and others will have confidence in you too. If you feel like you're not pretty enough, skinny enough, or smart enough to achieve whatever your goals and dreams are, then most likely, you won't even come close to grasping them. 

I encourage you to believe in yourself this week. Give yourself a boost of confidence. If you don't feel confidence.... that’s ok. Fake it! Fake confidence until it becomes a reality to you. 

Sending love and confidence your way! I believe in you :)

Comments