30 Days of Positivity - Week #1

-->
Hello Loves,

I hope everyone has had a blessed week!! I know that it was probably an adjustment getting back into the swing of things after Thanksgiving Break last week. For me, the adjustment wasn't difficult in regards to work, but it was difficult in terms of my diet LOL!

I ate so many sweets and since we had lots of leftovers, I think I had Thanksgiving dinner 3x last week. Needless to say, it's a little difficult going back to my diet of no processed sugars, carbs, and dairy. Oh and I forgot to mention that I was also doing late night runs to Starbucks for Peppermint Hot Chocolate with whipped cream and drizzled chocolate sauce (my new favorite non-coffee drink) - they are so yum!!

So now that I've fallen off of the healthy eating wagon (more like fallen off into a huge raven filled with chocolate, holiday breads, cookies, and other tasty treats), I've have decided to climb the hill and get back to my healthy eating ways. 

This morning I made a Green Goddess Smoothie for breakfast and then for lunch I made a green salad with a sweet potato...so far so good, right? Well, I also swiveled by Starbucks and got a Non-Fat Gingerbread Latte with no whip (I'm delightfully drinking it, as I write this blog post)! I also did a nice butt-busting workout from Body Rock

If you've never heard of Body Rock, I recommend you check them out. All workouts are online and completely FREE. Yes, FREE and every workout is only 12 minutes long. Sounds to good to be true? It is the most amazing workout system I've ever come across and you will see results fast, because every workout challenges you to the max. Don't take my word for it though, I suggest you try it for yourself and see what happens ;)

Anyways, back to the 30 Days of Positivity...



I want you to know that even though I fell off of the healthy eating wagon, I did not fall off the positivity train! Haha! Here's a recap of how my 1st week in the challenge went:

1. I focused and meditated on several different positive mantras throughout the week: 

-I am healthy and fit.
-Endless opportunities abound in my life.
-I have healthy and loving relationships in my life.
-I live a stress-free life.
-I am relaxed and in a state of happiness.

2. I found that the fight against negativity is a tough one. There were several times during the week that I literally had to hit the pause button in my day, stop, and mentally battle against negative thoughts that were trying to cloud my focus.

At one point, I was almost in tears, due to negative thoughts about myself. I had to make a conscious choice to stop the negativity with positive thoughts. I find that when you combat the negative thoughts with truth and positive affirmations, you begin to realize that the negative thoughts you're having are not based on truth.

For example, if you have a negative thought like this, "I'm fat," or, "I don't have any friends" - combat those untrue thoughts with something like this, "I am beautiful just the way I am," and, "I have loving and healthy friendships in my life."

3. I have had some extremely profound realizations about myself this past week. They were brought about by the positivity challenge and also opening up my mind and heart to viewing life from a different perspective.

One of the main things I unveiled this week was that whatever you project out into the universe and out into your sphere of life is what will come back to you. If you project happiness and confidence, you will receive happiness and confidence back.

Try complimenting someone on their outfit. Build others up and they will return the favor.

I find that when I walk into a store of restaurant, whenever I smile and make eye contact with others, they smile back and engage in conversation. I have talked to more strangers this past week, than I have in several months. I know that sounds weird and even scary, but sometimes you have to get out of your comfort zone to grow. 

Getting out of my comfort zone was hard at first, but now it's becoming second nature. I've always been one to keep to myself, but now I'm growing to enjoy stepping out of my shell!

*I encourage you to try something new this week. Start December with positivity! It is the season of giving and merriness, so by merry and enjoy life. No matter where you are or what you are doing, you can choose to be positive :)

Sending lots of love & positivity your way!

Comments