ICE! Merry Madagascar

-->
Hello Loves,

This past Friday, I was invited to go to the media sneak peak of ICE! MerryMadagascar at Gaylord Palms! It was so much fun!!! I took my mom as my guest :)

My mom and me

The evening started out with a red carpet and photos with the stars of the night...Alex, the lion, and King Julian. Can we say, "All hail the New York Giants?!!!" The red carpet led to a grotto filled with a self-served holiday themed dinner, including an open bar, turkey and stuffing station, a gingerbread cookie decorating station, dessert table, and kid-friendly finger foods. 

I had an apple cider martini (so yum), rosemary turkey, cranberry stuffing (my fav), garlic mashed potatoes with gravy, fried macaroni and cheese bites, a gingerbread cookie, a mini-pumpkin cheesecake, a mini-fruit tarte, and a chocolate covered strawberry. Everything was amazing and I would highly recommend that the next time you visit Gaylord Palms to try the holiday turkey dinner with a special dessert - trust me you won't regret those extra calories!

ICE! Merry Madagascar at Gaylord Palms

After dinner, we went to the main atrium where we saw the heartwarming Luminescence Holiday Show. It was fantastic and definitely put my mom and me in the Christmas mood! The Christmas songs were beautiful and there was an aerial artist that floated high above the crowd.

Luminescence Holiday Show

Then we ventured into the frozen arctic where we experienced ICE! Merry Madagascar. It was below zero and thank goodness I brought a thick coat to layer underneath the large unflattering parkas that they give you at the exhibit. I had gloves and a wool scarf and I still couldn't feel my face or hands!

The sculptures were gorgeous and so colorful. I loved the penguins and seeing Santa and his reindeer. The whole exhibit is based off of the holiday film, "Merry Madagascar." If you haven't seen it, I recommend renting it and watching it with the family. It is so cute and funny :)

Once we exited the exhibit, we were greeted with warm hot cocoa and Christmas sugar cookies! I loved ICE! so much and I'm definitely going back when it gets closer to Christmas. 

One of the new attractions at ICE! is Gingy's Gingerbread Station where you can decorate gingerbread cookies and gingerbread houses. Prices are extremely reasonable and the experience makes for a memorable one with the family or friends.

Gingy and Me

Happy Holidays!!

Comments