Gluten-Free Chocolate Pumpkin Pie Power Smoothie

Hello Loves,

I have a confession to make...I'm craving pumpkin. Anything pumpkin, actually! Haha! Yesterday, I posted a video on gluten-free pumpkin spice scones and today, I'm going to share a recipe with you for a super yum gluten-free chocolate pumpkin pie power smoothie.

If you don't like pumpkin, I apologize in advance, because the closer it gets to Thanksgiving, the more pumpkin I'm going to eat and share with you here on my blog! I used to hate pumpkin, but now I love it. Isn't it weird how your taste buds change as you get older? I'm 25 years old and I can honestly say that I eat more things now that I used to despise as a child. For example: eggplant (oh...i'm addicted), squash, zucchini, pumpkin, hemp seeds, flax seeds, and the list goes on and on.

Anyways, this afternoon I decided to make a chocolatey power version of Whole Food's Pumpkin Pie Smoothie. If you like chocolate and pumpkin...then this decadent smoothie will rock your taste buds!!! :)

My chocolate pumpkin pie smoothie.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup 100% Pumpkin Puree
  • 1 Large Ripe Banana
  • 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk (You can also use soy or coconut...which ever tastes better to you)
  • 1 TBS Honey
  • 1/2 TSP Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
  • 1/4 TSP Ginger
  • 1/4 TSP Nutmeg
  • 1 Package of Vega One Nutritional Shake Chocolate (This is gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, & contains no added sugar, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners)
  • 5 Ice Cubes
Directions:

Blend all the ingredients together until smooth! This recipe is good for two people :)

PS. This smoothie is packed full of vitamins, fiber, and potassium.

Comments