Begin Again


Ok, so I've had this one song on repeat for the past few days...it's called, "Begin Again," by Taylor Swift.


I found myself relating to the story in the song and I'm sure that if you have ever been in a broken relationship before, you will relate to it too. The song is about a girl who was in a relationship with a guy who didn't treat her the right way and never accepted her for who she was.

Eight months later, post-breakup, she finds herself getting ready to go meet a new guy at a cafe and she starts remembering everything about her ex-boyfriend and how he treated her.

"Took a deep breath in the mirror. He didn't like it when I wore high heels, but I do. Turn the lock and put my headphones on, he always said he didn't get this song, but I do, I do.

Walked in expecting you'd be late, but you got here early and you stand and wave. I walk to you, you pull my chair out and help me in, and you don't know how nice that is, but I do.


And you throw your head back laughing like a little kid. I think it's strange that you think I'm funny , cause he never did. I've been spending the last 8 months thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end, but on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again."

(click here for the full lyrics)

I love how the story in this song is so real. My favorite verse in the song is, "I've been spending the last 8 months thinking all love ever does is break and burn and end, but on a Wednesday in a cafe, I watched it begin again."

After being in a relationship where the guy was always late (I'm talking 1-2 hours late to almost every date) you begin to think that maybe all your future dates will be late, as well. It's hard to open yourself up to someone new, when you've been hurt in the past, but I hope that this song inspires you to believe that not all guys are jerks and that as time goes on, you will open up your heart to love and let it, "Begin Again."




Comments